5 Tips to Help Make the Most of Your Eye Shape (Hooded Eyes)
Eye Shapes, let’s talk about eye shapes today. Everyone has a natural eye shape, Eye Shapes can be monolids, hooded, portruding, deepset etc (Read more about eye shapes here) . Knowledge about your eye shape will help you make the most of your eye shadow: the right technique and color placement.
Do you know your eye shape? So I have a hooded eye that is the fancy term for saying I have an extra layer of skin that droops over my crease and cause my lids to look smaller. This means that I have to create an illusion of bigger eyes with shadows and placement.
You can find your crease by feeling along the eye for the eye socket or the bone right above your eyeball. The crease falls right along that bone.
Now, to the juice of this post:
5 Tips for Hooded Eyes
- At the inner corner of your eyes, apply a light eye shadow.
- Use a dark eye shadow at your Outer V
- Apply your eye shadow a little above your crease ( A little trick that helps: Apply an concealer on your eyelid and look up to the ceiling, this will help determine how far to put your eye shadow).
- Use a white eyeliner to make your eyes bigger.
- Use your eyeliner to always finish off your looks and draw the line a bit further on the outer corners.
Congratulations! You made it to the end of this post. You have the requisite knowledge to slay all your eye makeup looks and remember, hooded eyes or not, I am just a question away.