PHOTOS: Makeup Ghana Opens Nominations for Ghana Makeup Awards
Ghana Makeup Awards is back!!
Makeup Ghana, the leading platform for makeup and beauty in Ghana, has opened nominations for the 3rd edition of the Ghana Makeup Awards, an awards ceremony that rewards and celebrates pioneers, professionals and upcoming talent within the makeup industry.
Ghana Makeup Awards will be part of the Makeup & Beauty Week, a week-long celebration of makeup and beauty and will climax all events on the 11th of May at the Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra.
The process for the awards ceremony is scheduled as
- Nominations & Shortlisting of Nominees – February 2019
- Announcement of Award Nominees – March 2019
- Live Judging Tasks & Business Site Visits – March 2019
- Public Voting – March & April 2019
“Staying true to our vision of Celebrating Artistic Excellence & Beauty and listening to our industry stakeholders, we are happy to provide more opportunities for talented individuals. We have therefore separated Our Most Promising Makeup Artist Category into Bridal, Editorial and Special Effects. We have also introduced the Diaspora Makeup Artist of the Year Category, acknowledging that our industry and Ghana’s talent reach is global,” shared Rebecca Donkor, CEO and Founder of Makeup Ghana in a press statement.
Industry practitioners, businesses and brands can nominate themselves through the Awards Platform. (http://bit.ly/gmanominations3rd)
Eligible categories are listed below:
- Makeup Artist of the Year
- Best Special Effects Makeup Artist
- Best Editorial Makeup Artist
- Best Bridal Makeup Artist
- Best Celebrity Makeup Artist
- Most Promising Makeup Artist (Special Effects)
- Most Promising Makeup Artist (Editorial)
- Most Promising Makeup Artist (Bridal)
- Diaspora Makeup Artist of the Year
- Makeup Brand of the Year
- Makeup Retailer of the Year
- Makeup School of the Year
- Ghanaian Owned Brand of the Year
- Makeup Product of the Year
- Skincare Product of the Year
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Makeup Blog of the Year
- Makeup Vlog of the Year
- Most Glamorous Celebrity
- Excellence in Makeup Photography
- Excellence in Hair Styling
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- African Makeup Icon Award
See photos of award recipients and celebrities from 2018 Makeup Ghana Awards!